Tuesday 9 December 2014

Feature Pillar will be Fixed!

We have had another win....

When Australand sent contractors down to lay the footpath in front of our block, they hit our feature pillar with the excavator.
When i went to check on my block, i noticed damage to the pillar. A stone was missing and due to the hit, the mortor had cracked and come loose.


Well, i mentioned this to Australand and they said they would get someone out to fix it.
They "repaired" it (i say that loosely). It was done to a poor standard, and the cracks were not even touched. I later found out that they used a different contractor than the ones that installed the pillar in the first place, Apparently they used a gardening firm?. This is what they did.



As you can see, it stands out like dogs b*lls. Wrong color mortar, and it was not flush with the other stones (it was sunken). 
I called Australand and raised my concerns. I was now dealing with a different person as the last one had retired.....I was informed that she would go and personally view the damage.

She called me back Tuesday afternoon to inform me that she assessed it with the original contractors. They both agreed that it has been repaired to a poor standard, and infact, should not have been repaired in the first place. It needs to be knocked down and rebuilt as structurally, it is not safe.

This should be done by Xmas. 

In the, a good result for me......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews